TO MARK the birth of Lord Hanuman, Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated all over India in the month of Chaitra in the Hindu calendar. Hanumanji has always held a special place in my heart and I am sure this is true for all Hindus as well. Lord Hanuman is known for his great strength, power and his immortal devotion towards Lord Rama. He is the ardent devotee of Lord Ram. This year Hanuman Jayanti will be observed tomorrow. One can get numerous astrological and spiritual benefits by observing this day. We are well aware Lord Hanuman is very merciful and even more easily pleased by chanting Ram Naam.
Astrological point of view:
- If in one’s horoscope the planet Mars (Mangal) has a negative effect, by becoming a strong devotee of Lord Hanuman, this planet becomes favourable and when ruling in the horoscope then it gives more beneficial results.
- The worship of Lord Hanuman is a panacea for the harsh effects of the “unfavourable” presence of Lord Shani. In the Ramayana, Lord Hanuman is said to have rescued Shani from the clutches of Ravana and in gratitude, Shani promised Lord Hanuman that anyone who prayed to Him (Hanuman), especially on Saturdays, would be rescued from the “malefic” effects of Saturn, or at the very least, the effects would be softened.
- Lord Hanuman is also known as “Sankat Mochan”. He can avert any ill-effects posed by the nine planets to one’s life. Tuesdays and Saturdays are dedicated to the worship of Lord Hanuman to get his blessings for progress, wisdom and fearlessness, strength and all righteous material benefits. After reading the Hanuman Chalisa, read the Sankat Mochan, an antidote for all problems.
- Spiritually, Lord Hanuman is the bridge between the devotee and Lord Ram. Without his consent one cannot enter the abode of Lord Ram.
- There are 40 dohas in the Hanuman Chalisa. Every line of these dohas has a miraculous power of its own. The most popular line in the Hanuman Chalisa is “Bhoot Pishach Nikat Nahi Aave, Mahavir Jab Naaam Sunave”. By chanting this line, one removes all kinds of fear from one’s mind and allows the person to feel peaceful. A person who chants Lord Hanuman’s name is never troubled by ghosts, devils and negative energies.
- Wherever you are, read the powerful choupai “Nassei rog hare sub peera, Japat nirantar Hanumant beera”. Read it aloud with full determination, as it means: “O Lord Hanuman you destroy diseases and remove all the pain, when one utters your name continuously”.
- Those who worship Lord Hanuman are automatically blessed by Lord Rama as well. Apart from blessing his own disciples, Lord Rama also blesses the disciples of Lord Hanuman.
- On this auspicious day of Hanuman Jayanti, people apply red Sindoor from the Lord’s feet on their foreheads. This is considered to be a ritual for good health and good luck.
- Read the “Sunderkand” on this day.
- The most common parsad (offering) to Lord Hanuman is roht, coconut, banana, churma, kheer etc. NB. Please avoid onion, garlic and alcohol. Be strictly vegetarian on this day.
- Lord Hanuman is known for making possible from the impossible. All those people who worship the God will be able to get rid of all kinds of problems. The easiest and most popular way to get happiness and peace is by chanting the Hanuman Chalisa daily. On this day it should be done at least 11 times. It is best to chant the Hanuman chalisa 108 times. It takes around four hours. One should read it aloud so that its positive divine vibration reaches its peak.
Some of the benefits to reading the Hanuman Chalisa on a regular basis are:
- Reading the Hanuman Chalisa the first thing in the morning will ensure your day goes well.
- It will help you to feel relaxed and help you to forget about all your tensions for some time during the day.
- It can fill a person with a divine sense of joy.
- It infuses immense strength as one becomes more bold, fearless and have confidence, eventually.
- The Chalisa can help improve your personality and deal with any obstacles with ease. It removes negative energies from within you and also from your house if recited regularly and in an audible manner.
- Readers get the blessings of wisdom. It also improves the power to concentrate.
- It can also be read before you go to bed. This will ensure that you get a better sleep. It’s best to be vegetarian on that day.
Whenever you find yourself in a crisis and need support instantly, light a ghee diya (lamp) in front of a picture of Lord Hanuman or “Ram-Darbar” (Sita Ram Lakshman, Hanuman), and read the Hanuman Chalisa 108 times faithfully. Then request Lord Hanuman to give you direction and help you and He never fails to deliver his blessings on his devotees.
So, I humbly request you to read Shree Hanuman Chalisa as much as you can.