Q: HI Mahesh, I am aware that there are three eclipses this month. According to my horoscope, how will I be affected?
A: You are under Rahu dasha. This maha dasha is generally not considered good for a native. But there have been many times Rahu dasha has been good for people and made them very rich.
It depends on the position and power of the Rahu planet, where it is situated and at what degree.
In your case, Rahu is situated in the fourth house of your birth chart. This is a favourable situation. Therefore, Rahu dasha will give you good results in your life.
The dasha lasts for 18 years. Two years have finished. When the dasha is in its third year, it will start to give excellent results.
Do the following to increase the positive effects of Rahu and make it extra favourable for you:
- Every Saturday maintain a vegetarian diet.
- Chant “Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya” 108 times daily.
- Make sure you avoid getting an upset stomach.
- Avoid eating 9 hours before a lunar eclipse and 12 hours before a solar eclipse. Follow the ritual only if the eclipse is visible in your city and it can be seen with the naked eye. Eat only after the eclipse ends.
During the eclipse, you have to perform a ritual that will help you for the next 6 months. Continue this practice during every eclipse in order to improve your luck.
- On the first Saturday of the month, either make kheer or tea and give to poor people. Make sure the tea and kheer are made with goat’s milk, if possible.
About Rahu and Ketu (two shadow planets)
- Astronomically and as per Hindu astrology, Rahu and Ketu denote the two points of intersection of the paths of the Sun and the Moon as they move around the celestial sphere.
Therefore, Rahu and Ketu are respectively called the north and the south lunar nodes. The fact that eclipses occur when the Sun and Moon are at one of these points and the Sun, Moon and Earth are aligned, gives rise to the myth of the swallowing of the Sun.
- An eclipse never comes alone. A solar eclipse always occurs about two weeks before or after a lunar eclipse.
Usually, there are two eclipses in a row, but there have been a few times when there have been three during the same eclipse season.
- Four to six eclipses generally take place in a year, and very few are visible from one city.
- Spiritually, as per Hinduism, and astrologically, during an eclipse some harmful radiation occurs. This is where the ancient belief that people should not look at the eclipse comes from.
- There is no ritual to follow during the July 5 eclipse, despite it being visible in South Africa, although not to the naked eye. Today the eclipse will not be visible in South Africa.
- You should always offer water to the rising sun every morning.
- You should visualise the full moon for a few minutes every month.
Points to remember:
- During this time, take small risks but with calculations.
- If anyone owes you money, then this is the best time to recover it. You should not borrow money as payment will not be made on time.
- Your health will be generally good but do not stay up until late at night. It will reduce the positive effects of Rahu.
- Generally, in Rahu dasha, a person fears for the unknown. Be positive and do the above faithfully.
- Do not believe in rumours and don’t talk maliciously about someone who is not present.
- Generally, avoid gossip.
Q: I am 19 years old and completed my matric last year. I am looking for a job. I am worried about whether I will get one soon I have applied to many places and there has been no response. I would like to know if you can do a reading for my career and finances.
A: I am unable to do an astrological reading as you did not send your birth details. I have, however, used another method of astrology that lasts for 6 months, namely the Prashan Kundli method, which shows you will not get a job this year. I suggest you send me your birth details so I would be able to respond regarding your career, success and finances.